THE RASTATT MILITARY HISTORY MUSEUM
The Military History Museum has been housed in the south wing of the palace forecourt since 1956, on the site of the former library. Its collections and modern exhibition style make it one of the leading military museums in Europe. Across approximately 1,500 m2, the museum gives an overview of southwest Germany's military history between 1500 and 1918 and illustrates the link between the military and society. The large diorama, at 4 x 3.6 meters, which displays the Rastatt Confederate Fortress circa 1860 is a particular highlight.
More information at www.wgm-rastatt.de.